Thursday, August 15, 2013

Today's 5 songs are probably not the best selections for launching a new blog, but I call um' as I play um! These were taken at random from my Hard-er rock Spotify playlist. I'm still trying to link Spotify to the blog but until I do you can access my playlists through Spotify if you have a membership. If you don't subscribe to Spotify... Well, you're nuts! Spellbound starts off the 5. This comes close to the end of 'The Triumph Era' but the origin album, Thunder 7, is probably their most polished if not their best. I still hold that Rik Emmett is one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time-- Certainly one of the most versatile. Triumph suffered greatly from operating in Rush's shadow. (The world only needs one Rush) It can be argued that Triumph suffered for other reasons as well, but lack of talent was certainly not one of them. No question, the best of this batch is "Born to Lose" from UFO. Phil Mogg is one of the great underrated vocalists and Marc Bolton is a beast of a guitar player. Who wants to take a guess as to the producer of the these UFO records?

No comments:

Post a Comment